Monday 30 May 2011

More Altitude Training (with added geology)


Still not too wet so we went up onto t'moors yet again.

The other side of the Snake this time.

(OOOerrr Missus - sounds like a Jim Morrison lyric)

Alport Castles is a huge and spectacular landslip.

As I can never get to the Quirang...
(technically not true, I've been there 3 times but I've never been able to see anything never mind clamber about)...
this one is a good substitute.
Rock pinacles with their own names - groovy.
The weather was very Quirangish,
We got to the top and a squall blew up.
Took about an hour to blow out.
All the cameras were occupied.
The little Toshiba's gone back to work
The posh Leica never seems to want to play out.
My iNterossiter is back in it's plastic w/proof slimy condom thing.
(and tracking much better agin).

So I was going to do you a piccy by hand.
Rain stopped play.
Here's one I did earlier.


Kinder Bastion from top of Ashopp Clough JeepHour 2011 aged 10
BTW here's the walk

No comments: