Sunday, 26 June 2011

Blogger Chores

We Went on a walk
I'll have a go at some inspiration but I think Google Earth is still broke on this little linux notebook.
I can't remember.
It still is broke.
So you'll have to make up some narrative.

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Bus Blog

I'm on my way to work for the first time in donkey's age - on a bus.
The lovely 52 to woodhouse by stagecoach.
Are they the Nazi bus company?
The Merc is finally being fixed - broken spring front nearside. I don't have the tools or the inclination.
I'm not inclined so I'm level.
What a daft word.
I'm n
So I'm level about fixing the Merc coz its gotta go and I've got the Camper to worry about. Latest is the 'domestic wiring'. I have a plan but as per usual its very complicated

Wire van
After fitting sound and hear insulation
After straightening side panel
After fixing window reveals
After buying replacement window rubbers.

If it wasn't complicated it wouldn't be fun.

Saturday, 4 June 2011

Photo Storage Talking Consumer Blues

I've been using Flickr then it started whinging about too many piccies.
I thought these things were unlimited.
Nerry mind
I'll stick it all on my Google account.
Thats got a limit.
But not for documents, mail, or ...
Just Photos
I've found a photobucket account.
They say it's unlimited.
If I tell everyone they'll give me an iPad 2.

Here's a slideshow already set up.

Friday, 3 June 2011

More champoo review

Babycham by any other name.
Sharp as a tack nothing like a fully rounded Nurse Gladys Emanuel.
Cats piss rating: one of Tom's mates.
Review courtesy of S

Thursday, 2 June 2011

The "Ursutz" Burner Part II

Long time ago I started the idea of a waste oil burner.
The spring bank holiday crappy weather provided the temporal opportunity.
The mental attitude came from some cajoling.
And I like fire!
Lionels Lab still is a good source but google "Ursutz burner" and you'll get the drift.
I built one by casting a bentonite/portland cement/sand/perlite refractory in plastic forms.
It worked and consumed itself in about 10 minutes.
The refractory wasn't at all suitable.
Mark 2 has a sheet steel outer (washing machine casing)
New refectory 50:50 {by vol} perlite:fire cement.
Fire cement let down 3000kg to 300ml water
Gently mix in Perlite.
5kg fire cement used.

The empty outer

The filled burner

The inner forms are all cardboard, masking tape and cling film.
They'll all get slowly burnt out when the lining gets 'proven'.

I've cast a little test panel to check the curing, but I think leaving it in the state above for at least 3 weeks is a minimum.
I'll stick it in the cellar and forget about it.

The threaded bar and wing nuts are for securing the lid and fixing the burner to stands or furnaces.